Main Article Content
This study aimed to analyse the ability of critical thinking to solve sequences and series problem through Problem-based Learning (PBL) with Islamic Nuance. Research instruments operative included instructional instruments (lesson plan and students’ work sheet); learning achievement test, questionnaire; critical thinking assessment sheet, and documentation. The lesson plan and students’ work sheet validation results evinced values of 3.73 and 3.74. The research generated the data concerning students’ activity during instructional process from the first to third meeting respectively as follows; 60%, which meant good category, 80%, indicating very good category, and 83.33%, evincing very good category. The minimum criterion of learning achievement was achieved because more than 80% of students gained score of at least 60, that was 27 students (90%) passed and 3 students (10%) below passing criteria. From the data analysis, it found that students' critical thinking ability in solving Sequences and Series problem through PBL was very satisfactory.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
2. Berkel, Van Henk. 2005. On the Additional Value of Lectures in a Problem-Based Curriculum.Education for Health, Vol. 18, No. 1, March, 45 – 61.
3. Barret, 2010. The Problem-Based Learning Process As Finding And Being In Flow.Innovations in Education and Teaching International. 47(2): 165–174.
4. Capon, Noel. 2004. What’s So Good About Problem-Based Learning. Cognition And Instruction, (Online), 22(1): 61–79.
5. Dochy, Filip. 2003. Effects of problem-based learning: a metaanalysis.Learning and Instruction vol.13 p.533–568.
6. Dolmans, Diana. 2005. Problem-Based Learning: Future Challenges For Educational Practice And Research. Medical Education. 39: 732–741.
7. Fatmawati, Harlinda dkk. 2014. Analisis Berpikir Kritis Siswa Dalam Pemecahan Masalah Matematika Berdasarkan Polya Pada Pokok Bahasan Persamaan Kuadrat. Jurnal Elektronik Pembelajaran Matematika Vol.2, No.9, hal 899-910, November 2014 ISSN: 2339-1685.
8. Fathurrohman, M. 2004. Model-model Pembelajaran Inovativ Alternatif Desain Pembelajaran yang Menyenangkan. Yogyakarta: Ar-ruzz Media.
9. Fisher, Alec. 2008. Berpikir Kritis. Jakarta: Erlangga.
10. Syahbana, Ali. 2012. Pengembangan Perangkat Pembelajaran Berbasis Kontekstual Untuk Mengukur Kemampuan Berpikir Kritis Matematis Siswa SMP. Edumatica Volume 02 Nomor 02, Oktober 2012 ISSN: 2088-2157